By default, both Categories and Record Types have a Draft status.
Draft means that the Category or Record Type cannot be viewed and accessed from the store front by any user. The only way to access a Draft Category or Record Type is from the Settings section.
To publish a Category:
- Go to Settings > Categories & Record Types
- Click on the Category name.
- On the right, click on the Publish button.
To publish a Record Type:
- On the Category page, click on click on the Record Type name.
- On the right side, click on the Publish button.
Once a Category or Record Type is published, it cannot be moved back to Draft. If something is published by accident, please let us know right away.
Publishing a Record Type is a separate function from the "Who Can View" and "Who Can Submit" options. In order for any user, employee or public, to access a Record Type, it must be published. If a Record Type is only for employees, it must be Published and "Who Can Submit" must be set to Private.